A diaper proved to be a life-saver when a venomous snake bit an Israeli infant, a doctor said Friday.

The 12-month-old baby, who had been playing in the backyard, was rushed to a hospital only after his parents noticed fang marks on the diaper and swelling on his bottom while giving him a bath in the evening.



“He had been bitten by a venomous snake,” Dr Kobi Assaf of Jerusalem’s Hadassah hospital told Israel Radio. “Luckily, the snake injected its venom into the diaper on coming into contact with it and most of the poison did not penetrate the skin.”



More here.

0