The coolest event of the year is just around the corner – the fourth annual SegwayFest 2006 will be held in Long Beach, CA with keynotes from Dean Kamen, Steve Wozniak, and Segway CEO Jim Norrod.
SegwayFest 2006 – Long Beach, California,
October 13, 14, and 15, 2006
October 13, 14, and 15, 2006
To Register Online for this SegwayFest:
The Coast Hotel
700 Queensway Drive
Long Beach, CA. 90802
Phone (562) 435-7676
Fax (562) 437-0866
Coast Hotel web site
Note: the Coast Hotel has no more publicly available rooms, but we still have some available on reserve. Contact SEG America directly at [email protected] to arrange for rooms. We have two types of rooms in the block; Garden View rooms are $124 and Harbor View rooms are $144. Both types of rooms are available with either a King sized bed or two Queen sized beds.
The SegwayFest Schedule
Though these are rough plans, detailed information will be made available as it is confirmed.
Friday October 13 at the Coast Hotel:
- 7 PM Welcome Reception
Saturday October 14, 8 am – 6 pm at the Coast Hotel:
Throughout the day, there will be Segway software upgrades, vendors in the foyer, test glides on the all of the Segway models, etc. Some of the topics to be covered and activities for the day include:
- Opening Remarks by Steve Wozniak, author of the new book, “iWoz: From Computer Geek to Cult Icon: How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple, and Had Fun Doing It”. We’ll have copies of his book available for purchase and Woz has agreed to autograph the books
- “The Unsought Market and its Contribution” by Jerry Kerr of Disability Rights Advocates for Technology (DRAFT).
- Generation II of Segway Product Line by Doug Field – Chief Technology Officer, Segway Inc
- Saphion Batteries by Joel Sandahl, Chief Technology Officer for Valance Technology and Dean Bogues, President Worldwide Sales & Marketing for Valance Technology
- Picnic in the Park with a glide to Bixby Park for BBQ lunch and activites such as Generation 1 vs Generation 2 Agility Comparison, SegPolo Demo Match, Fun & Games
- Segway Accessories by Chris Gorglione – Marketing, Accessories, Segway, Inc
- Legilative Affairs by Matt Dailida – Regulatory, Segway, Inc
- Product Development Round Table discussion for both Gen 1 & Gen 2 by Doug Field, CTO; David Robinson, Dynamics; Ron Reich and Jeremy Lund, Mechanical Engineering; Bobby Casey, Software
- PT Care and Maintenance by Derek Hugger – Segway, Inc
- Gliding from San Francisco to LA by Steve Ozdemar (Plomoh from SegwayChat)
- “Pimp your Segway” see modified Segways and talk to thier owners/creators
- DRAFT is slated to hold workshops regarding the use of Segways by the mobility impaired
Saturday October 14, starting at 6:45 pm aboard the Queen Mary
- Cocktail hour
- Banquet Dinner on the ornate Queen’s Salon dining room
- Keynote addresses by:
- Dean Kamen, Renowned inventor and founder of Segway, Inc.
- Jim Norrod, President and Chief Executive Officer
Sunday October 15:
- Spectacular Glide to famous sites in the LA, Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and the Miracle Mile! Eat & shop at the Grove. See and glide Grauman’s Chinese Theatre – Hollywood Walk of Fame – Sunset Strip – Farmers Market and the Grove – Petersen Auto Museum – Greystone Mansion and Beverly Hills – La Brea Tar Pits. We are arranging for pace/chase vehicles for those who do not want to seg the whole trip…!
SegwayFest Event Cost:
$175 all-inclusive fee covers the cost of the Friday night reception food (there will be a cash bar), all Saturday activities including lunch and beverage breaks and the evening banquet aboard the Queen Mary.