Several winners were announced as top inventors for 2009
The DaVinci Institute, a futurist think tank and host of the 5th annual Colorado Inventor Showcase announced the award winners at the event held November 3rd at the Denver University Cable Center. Winners in the six categories accepted their honors as the evening came to a close. The DaVinci Institute also extended its thanks to Colorado and surrounding states for participating in this year’s event. Seventy celebrity judges from venture capital, the media, high profile businesses and academia selected the award winners based on their innovation and value of their creations to society.
Steve Spangler at the Colorado Inventor Showcase
“We had a remarkable group of inventors this year,” said Thomas Frey, Executive Director of the DaVinci Institute. “From technical to consumer to medical, they represented the top innovators in Colorado and surrounding states. It’s the inventors that make our Showcase a success and we thank them for exhibiting with us. We firmly believe that inventors are the hope of our future and we will continue to offer a platform to help them gain visibility and recognition for their brilliant ideas.”
The inventors receiving awards and honorable mentions are:
- Inventor of the Year Award – Steve Schmutzer – Infusion Management System by Firefly Medical – http://www.fireflymedical.com/ – “The ‘Infusion Management System,’ or IMS, is a disruptive new product category designed to replace the outdated and unsafe IV pole in hospitals.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award – Philip Hartman – A steam cleaning windshield wiper (No Website)
- Commercial Product of the Year Award – Pete Tovani – ET Squared – www.etsquared.com – BioReactor is a waste to energy system which is part of the clean/smart energy grid design
- Consumer Product of the Year Award – Gordon Nuttall – Rocky Mountain Imaging – The Rocky Mountain Imaging mobile scanner is a portable and versatile scanning solution that simply and quickly converts photos, images, and pages to digital
- Software Product of the Year Award – Roger Toennis – Loyal2.ME by Liquid Media – www.liquidmediasw.com – The Worlds First “Personal Loyalty Program” designed for the Social Media generation.
- Peoples’ Choice Special Award – Craig Jenkins – EZ Shot Basketball – www.ezshotbasketball.net – EZ Shot is a patented fully-automatic basketball return machine well suited for training, recreation and entertainment
- Honorable Mention – Mark Felker at WebRecept – www.WebReceptChat.com – WebRecept™ is a proactive, web-based, customer relations management service that provides live website chat interaction and site monitoring through trained, qualified agents that increase a company’s online sales conversions by engaging visitors and building personal relationships from your website.
- Honorable Mention – Kirk Dennis – TelePresence Tech – www.telepresencetech.com – TelePresence Tech offers 3D TelePresence solutions designed to offer an enhanced communication experience for either corporate communications, or customer service applications.
- Honorable Mention – Rocky Mraz – Electronic Target – (No Website) – Electronic training target designed for remote viewing of target
- Honorable Mention – Richard Sweeny – UFO Micro Furnace – www.goldco-mining.com – It is the world’s smallest, lightest, most portable, easiest to use and most affordable furnace for performing assays of precious metal ore.
- Honorable Mention – Kip Kusser – Zip-Zac Towels – zip-zac.com – A towel with a patented innovative zippered pocket lined with water resistant nylon.
About the DaVinci Institute
The DaVinci Institute is a Futurist Think Tank based in Louisville, Colorado. The Institute goes beyond the traditional role of a think tank. The Institute believes that shaping the future requires more than ideas; it requires action as well. The DaVinci Institute also believes that the people that will shape the future are those that take brilliant ideas and make them become reality. Inventors and entrepreneurs will shape our future. That is why the DaVinci Institute produces futurist events designed to assist the revolutionary thinking inventor and entrepreneur, and helps them get their ideas off the ground.
The DaVinci Institute is a 501-c-3 non-profit organization supported by memberships, sponsorships and attendance fees for the programs we produce. For more information about the DaVinci Institute call 303-666-4133 or go to www.davinciinstitute.com.