Several winners were announced as top inventors for 2010
The DaVinci Institute, a futurist think tank and host of the 6th annual DaVinci Inventor Showcase announced the award winners at the event held November 13th at the Rotors of the Rockies in Broomfield, Colorado. Winners in the five categories accepted their honors as the evening came to a close. The DaVinci Institute also extended its thanks to Colorado and surrounding states for participating in this year’s event. Seventy celebrity judges from venture capital, the media, high profile businesses and academia selected the award winners based on their innovation and value of their creations to society.
The inventors receiving awards and honorable mentions are:
- Inventor of the Year Award – Jerome Rifkin – Tensegrity Prosthetics – http://www.tenspro.com/ – Tensegrity Prosthetics is breaking from established technology paradigms in the prosthetics world to create a foot prosthesis that emulates the natural human foot.
- Commercial Product of the Year Award – Ian Osborn – Wild Ideas Light Company – http://www.wildideaslightco.com/ – Commercial Retro-fir For Industrial Street Lights utilizing LED Technology.
- Consumer Product of the Year Award – Robin Peng – Design Engine, Inc. – http://designengineusa.com/ – The Applecore Cord Organizer is a patented multi-purpose cord management device made from a thermoplastic elastomer that resembles the shape of an apple core.
- Software Product of the Year Award – Rasch Young and Craig Ross – Hybir, Inc. – https://www.hybir.com/ – Hybir Backup, the easiest and quickest way to backup your whole computer, online and locally.
- Honorable Mention – Eric Johnson – Adaptive Products, LLC. – http://www.adaptiveink.com/ – Adaptive Ink locally produce a full product line of Continuous Ink Supply Systems (CISS) for businesses and consumers.
- Honorable Mention – Gordon Nuttall – Rocky Mountain Ventures – http://www.rockymtnventures.com/ – The Capture-ID™ mobile scanner is wireless, accurate, and reliable for digital capture of documents and identity information away from the desk.
- Honorable Mention – Roger Toennis – Liquid Media, LLC. – http://www.loyal2.me/home.seam – Loyal2Me offers the industry’s first consumer-controlled, multi-media advertising experience, giving them complete privacy from the businesses that use Loyal2Me for branding, advertising, marketing and event nofitification.
- Honorable Mention – Karen Porte – tugo™ – http://www.goodtugo.com/ – The tugo is a cup holder that keeps your drink suspended between the upright handles of your rolling bag.
About the DaVinci Institute
The DaVinci Institute is a Futurist Think Tank based in Louisville, Colorado. The Institute goes beyond the traditional role of a think tank. The Institute believes that shaping the future requires more than ideas; it requires action as well. The DaVinci Institute also believes that the people that will shape the future are those that take brilliant ideas and make them become reality. Inventors and entrepreneurs will shape our future. That is why the DaVinci Institute produces futurist events designed to assist the revolutionary thinking inventor and entrepreneur, and helps them get their ideas off the ground.
The DaVinci Institute is a 501-c-3 non-profit organization supported by memberships, sponsorships and attendance fees for the programs we produce. For more information about the DaVinci Institute call 303-666-4133 or go to www.davinciinstitute.com.